Government’s Plan for Economic Recovery through Immigration
June 21, 2021
June 22, 2021
Show all


International students should know the process before applying to study in Ontario

Published by Hillfield Immigration on 21st June, 2021

Before choosing a college or university, you need to get a manuscript known as the course calendar. Prints of this book are available through the admission offices at the schools. You can also contact a qualified legal consultant for further information.

The course calendar gives details on important topics such as the qualifications required for a specific program or the requirements for entry into a particular university or college. It also highlights the programs offered at the various schools together with the tuition fees or applicable scholarship programs. Other related costs including housing, and if you would be entitled to financial aid.

If you wish to begin university at the beginning of the school year in September, you will have to apply before February 1st. The admission process can take as long as nine months depending on the school and program you choose. You can check the website of your preferred college or university for the most up to date information as they set their own admission standards.

Before you apply, ensure all your documents including transcripts are in order. You will need the original or certified copies of your high school record or diploma if you received one. Any Post-secondary records must include grades achieved in the courses you completed or studied.

You must show proof of your language skills from a certified language examination which measures your ability in reading, writing, speaking and comprehension in either English or French.

The three assessments generally accepted are: IELTS – the International English Language Testing System; CAEL Assessment – Canadian Academic English Language and TOEFL – test of English as a Foreign Language.

One of the most important official papers you will need before coming to Canada is your study permit, especially if you intend to stay more than six months. Contact a qualified legal professional to find out what supporting documents you will need.

If you have lived or travelled to certain countries or territories six months in the same year prior to your coming to Canada you will need a medical checkup. This may also be requisite depending on your country of origin and if you are planning to stay more than six months.

Make an appointment as early as possible for your medical exam once you have made the decision to attend the school of your choice, as applications could take longer than three months to process.

Check the website of the school you choose for application instructions. Graduate students will have to apply directly to a university, while undergrads may have the choice of using one of two application centres. For more information and assistance on getting a study permit in Canada, you should contact a qualified legal professional or firm.

Muhammad Qazi
Muhammad Qazi
I, Muhammad Qazi, Notary Public in Ontario. I am fluent in English, Urdu Punjabi, Hindi. We serve from two locations suit 508-55 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, and Unit 303-800 Main street (Gulliver plaza) Stoney Creek. There is very convenient free parking in front of our both locations. I have in depth knowledge that provides my clients with the foresight to make business, property, and personal decisions with ease. As a trusted professional, I provide the attention to detail and personal attention that clients need to look to for making important life decisions.

Comments are closed.

We will help to find the perfect place for you!