Post COVID-Immigration policies

Latest Express entry draw
August 24, 2022
Business immigration
August 24, 2022
Show all

Post COVID-Immigration policies

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Canada has established various systemic regulations including border restrictions. These restrictions may affect the processes of those traveling to Canada and/or applying for a Canadian visa.
To manage the Covid-19 outbreak, mandatory travel restrictions have been put in place. These restrictions require travelers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada. The second vaccine dose must be done at least 14 days before the day the traveler enters Canada. Travelers should also consider that those with partial vaccines or those who have recovered from Covid-19 with only one dose does not qualify them as a fully vaccinated traveler.
All travelers entering Canada must also use the application: AriveCan. ArriveCan is used to provide mandatory travel and public health information before and after one’s entry into Canada.
For those who are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccination for medical reasons; however, these medical reason(s) are only valid if they are listed in the terms of market authorization of the COVID-19 vaccines in your country of residence. Additionally, the said medical reason must be described in a letter that you have from a physician who is licensed to practice medicine in that country and based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.
Those who plan on visiting Canada can still do so and are subject to the travel restrictions. And for those who are planning to visit Canada to unite with family should be aware that the Government of Canada is no longer issuing letters to reunite family members. Most foreign nationals now need to qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler to travel to Canada.
For Visitors who need a work permit, The IRCC are temporarily allowing visitors to apply online for a work permit from inside Canada as well as outside Canada.
Given that some people may be exempt from the travel restriction, the IRCC have accommodated this situation and have allowed those who are outside of Canada to apply online. However, even if your application is approved, in most cases, you still need to qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler.
COVID-19 revealed that there are some occupations and services that are vital for our society’s well being and these are referred to as ‘essential services’. Thus, Canada is giving priority visa processing for foreign nationals who are in the agricultural food industry, and health-care occupations.
Given the urgency and need for essential support, the IRCC will prioritize the applications of people who perform or support essential services. Those who perform or support essential services can get priority processing with these steps:
1. They must get the National Occupational Classification (NOC) number their employer entered on the job offer or the LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment).
2. Enter that number as their job title (box 4 in the details of intended work in Canada) (Applicant must only include the number)
NOTE: Starting *November 16 2022*, The IRCC will switch to the 2021 version of the NOC system. This means that the NOC codes will change. Those who apply on or after November 16 2022 should make sure they use the NOC 2021 codes.
Other workers that Canada is giving priority processing to are film and television workers. After you apply for your work permit, you must use the web form to tell the IRCC that you are a film or TV worker. Where possible, you’ll get a decision on your application within 3 weeks (5 days to identify your application for priority processing and 14 days to process it). If you don’t include the code FILMTV2020, it may take longer to identify your application.
International students are also subject to the COVID-19 travel restrictions at this time if they want to come to Canada to study, and are returning to Canada as an international student. This also applies to those who are coming to Canada as a family member or support person for an international student.
The IRCC strongly suggests applying online for a study permit.
In order to work in Canada as a student, one must be a full-time student, be enrolled at a designated learning institution, and meet all on-campus and off-campus work eligibility requirements.
Furthermore, given the COVID-19 outbreak, many international students are studying online from abroad. If their school and employer agree, the student can either accept a Canadian work placement and begin working remotely from their home country or work for a company in their home country.
International students are still eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if their in-personal classes in Canada were moved to an online-only format, their program has mix of online and in-person learning, or if they had to put their studies on hold, or study part-time, during the winter, spring or summer 2020 semesters.
For more information and updates on Canadian travel and immigration contact Hillfield Immigration Corporation at +1 (416)- 356-3233 or email us at

Muhammad Qazi
Muhammad Qazi
I, Muhammad Qazi, Notary Public in Ontario. I am fluent in English, Urdu Punjabi, Hindi. We serve from two locations suit 508-55 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, and Unit 303-800 Main street (Gulliver plaza) Stoney Creek. There is very convenient free parking in front of our both locations. I have in depth knowledge that provides my clients with the foresight to make business, property, and personal decisions with ease. As a trusted professional, I provide the attention to detail and personal attention that clients need to look to for making important life decisions.

Comments are closed.

We will help to find the perfect place for you!